Syrian refugee crisis: Fast facts?
- 13.5 million people in Syria need humanitarian assistance due to a violent civil war.1
- 4.8 million Syrians are refugees, and 6.5 million are displaced within Syria; half of those affected are children.2
- Children affected by the Syrian conflict are at risk of becoming ill, malnourished, abused, or exploited. Millions have been forced to quit school. See new photo slideshow.
- Most Syrian refugees remain in the Middle East, in Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, and Egypt; slightly more than 10 percent of the refugees have fled to Europe.3
- Peace negotiations continue despite a fraying and piecemeal ceasefire.
REFUGEES HAVE NO CHOICE. YOU DO.
We truly believe in this statement, but the journey for a settlement is not possible without the generous support of people who share our vision.
People say that:
- Syria has become the great tragedy of this century, Antonio Guterres
- Two million Syrians are refugees, UNHCR
- The tide of human suffering unleashed by the Syrian conflict has catastrophic implication, Angelina Jolie
Through the events and fundraising initiatives we execute we can support:
AWARENESS Raise vital awareness through our annual campaigns and funded programs. We want to significantly increase the understanding of refugee settlement problems.
SPONSOR We will fund and support Sponsors Groups
SETTLEMENT provide fund and support for our partners who work on Syrian refugees settlement problems.
PAY BACK TO COMMUNITY Our goal is to ensure that refugees have access to job opportunities to become contributing members of the community.
We will help to address refugee settlement problems with the funds we raise.